Watercolours are amazing – delicate yet unpredictable, they encourage you to play, to explore, to loosen up when you enter the world of imagination and FREEDOM.
You can start by creating your colour palette…
… and continue you journey by creating you Boho feathers and/or moons.
HOW TO START THE BOHO ADVENTURE?
You don’t need much to start – a few paints in colours of your choice, a brush and paper (note: for watercolours it needs to be at least 180 g per square meter).
Then, it might be useful if you collect some inspirations: pictures of feathers and moons or whatever shapes or objects you’d like to paint.
OKAY, SO HOW DO I DO IT?
- sketch the basic shape of feathers or moons with a pencil (best if it’s HB or H, the lines will be thinner and lighter, hence less visible after you paint over them)
- fill them in with watercolours
- you may want to try a FUN WET-ON-WET TECHNIQUE:
- apply some water on a paper using your brush
- then apply some colour and see what happens 🙂
- continue applying colours and enjoy the magic of (di)fusion!
Watercolours are continuously surprising – why don’t you mix them with other techniques and media, e.g. metallic ink or acrylic paint?
Are you ready for your adventure? Let your watercolours surprise you, and remember:
It’s fun, it’s just exploring in a playful atmosphere, there are no rights or wrongs here!
Happy watercolouring! 🙂